Israel From Inside
If you’ve been a tourist to Israel and want to experience the Israel of everyday life – Israel as the locals do, Israel from Inside is your path off the tour bus and into Israeli society, culture, work, issues and people.
Israel from Inside is about …..
Living, Learning, Exploring, Volunteering
We guide you to select the foundation of your Israel from Inside experience from one of three service project tracks:
- Caring for Community – Put Your Hands On Israel
- Education – Get a taste of Israel’s Public School System as you converse and play games in English with individuals or small groups of students
- Israeli Civil Society – Work in Israeli Non Profit Organizations
Israel from Inside gives you the benefit of local support, contacts and networks to build an experience that embraces your interests and passions. We launch you into Israeli life with just the right balance between support and independence.
Get In Touch Now!
The program is based on an individualized service project, assisting you in scheduling your non-service hours with study, cultural and special events. You’ll experience the joy and challenges of “life” in Israel and still have time to add touring, study, or other activities for a unique, intimate Israel experience.
The program includes:
- Housing Search Support
- Questionnaire on your professional skills and interests to match you with the appropriate service project
- Service project
- Individualized Orientation
- Launch and Welcome Kit
- Background Screening required by Israeli NGO’s
- Jerusalem and Tel Aviv based local staff
- Transportation Mapping to/from Service Site(s)
- First Day Escort to Site & Introduction to Service Sites
- Bus Pass (with 20 rides) for transport to/from Service Site
- Regular Check-Ins from Local Volunteer Coordinator
- Email updates on local cultural events, security updates
- What’s Happening email updates
- Two Cultural Outings
- Share a meal in an Israeli home
- Your Story Matters – Guide to Sharing Your Israel Experience at Home
In addition to your service project of 12-20 hours/week, we can connect you to:
- Study Opportunities
- Private Hebrew Tutors and/or Ulpan
- Touring Options
- Local Synagogues
- Connections to your hobbies and preferred leisure activities
“Volunteering in Israel provides an opportunity to experience the country and its’ people in a way that visiting as a tourist simply cannot match. I had the chance to get to know both the clients in the two settings in which I was placed, and the dedicated staff which served them, and to be awed and inspired by everyone whom I met.” Rhoda Grill, Boston, 2015
Get In Touch Now!